New One Direction album 'Midnight Memories,' Britney Spears surprises, more of the week's top stories
Here are the Top 5 stories your friends will be talking about this weekend. Get caught up with Zap2it's "Friday Wrap-Up."
1) One Direction took advantage of social media Friday (Sept. 6) to announce their third album, "Midnight Memories." Harry Styles and company teased fans with an Instagram video, spelling out the name of the album, which the band plans to drop Nov. 25.
On the heels of the release of 1D's hit 3D movie, "One Direction: This Is Us," the album will include the guys' MTV VMA-winning single, "Best Song Ever." Directioners can pre-order the album starting Sept. 9.
2) New mom Kim Kardashian is trying out a new look. She didn't come out of post-baby delivery hiding to support her man Kanye West at the VMAs like we hoped she would. But when she did finally step out,
she saw her shadow and that means six more weeks of winter she debuted a shocking hair makeover: blonde locks. Yowza.
3) Controversial "Big Brother" housemate Aaryn Gries was miscast? That's what host Julie Chen tells David Letterman. "When she first got picked to be one of the housemates, we all thought, 'Oh, she's going to be America's sweetheart,'" says Chen. Apparently she curbed her usual racist and homophobic language for the job interview.
4) "The Newsroom" star Alison Pill tried to explain away that pesky accidental sexting tweet when she appeared on Conan O'Brien's couch. Pill tweeted a topless photo of herself back in Sept. 2012 that she says was meant for her then fiance, Jay Baruchel.
Pill immediately deleted the tweet, and now says the snafu was the fault of a new touch-screen on her Blackberry. Hmm ...
5) And finally, Britney Spears has lots of surprises in store for the hotly anticipated new era of Britney. She's still under conservatorship, but is expected to announce a headlining show in Las Vegas later this month. Brit's been teasing a special announcement coming Sept. 17, which just so happens to coincide with a planned performance on "Good Morning America." Let's just hope what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas this time, and Brit-Brit doesn't come home with another new husband.
Photo/Video credit: Getty Images, Instagram
Zap2it Elite Sheet Must Reads from the Web's In-Crowd