Miley Cyrus, watch out: Big Freedia sets twerking world record - Watch the video
Stand back, Miley Cyrus, you're no longer the reigning queen of twerking. That honor now belongs to Big Freedia, a rapper and self-proclaimed "Queen of Bounce." Freedia gathered more than 350 twerkers who danced their hearts out for two minutes Wednesday (September 25), earning them the Guinness World Record for Most People Twerking Simultaneously. Yes, that's somehow a record that not only existed, but needed to be broken.
The twerkers ranged in ages from 8 to 80, according to Time, with one elderly woman caught on camera getting her groove on.
Should this be a record you want to break, the rules are fairly simple:
- Body must remain upright, with movement concentrated in hips
- Participants can put hands on knees or hips for support
- Twerking action cannot comes from knees - hips only
- Freestyling or additional choreography not permitted - no hands on the ground, feet in the air, twirling, etc.
- Twerking action must be synchronized, can be at own pace
- All participants must twerk simultaneously for two minutes when Big Freedia gives the signal
- Any performers who do not participate fully for the entire two minutes will be deducted from the final total
Check out the video of the elderly twerker below:
Photo/Video credit: Getty Images/Instagram
Zap2it Elite Sheet Must Reads from the Web's In-Crowd