Jon Bon Jovi: Daughter's heroin overdose news was 'worst phone call ever'
"Livin' on a Prayer" rocker Jon Bon Jovi appeared on "Katie" Friday, talking about his daughter Stephanie Bongiovi's heroin overdose in November. He describes finding out about the incident as "the worst phone call ever."
Stephanie was in her dorm room at Hamilton College in New York at the time. She and a friend, Ian Grant, were later charged with possession of a controlled substance, though the charges were eventually dropped. In New York, you cannot prosecute someone who overdoses on drugs, or the people that help them get medical care.
Jon says Stephanie is "doing great now," and thanks fans and supporters for their thoughts and prayers. He says he was surprised to find out how common that level of drug use was in the modern day, saying, "There is a lot of pressure on kids these days. There's access to things my generation didn't have." Luckily, Jon is happy to say his daughter is "healthy and whole," adding that the family will get through it.
Watch the whole interview below:
Photo/Video credit: Getty Images/Katie
Zap2it Elite Sheet Must Reads from the Web's In-Crowd