Tiger Woods' ESPN interview video: He and wife Elin Nordegren 'work at it'
Tiger Woods gave his first interview since the car accident that kicked off one of the biggest sports scandals in history to ESPN's Tom Rinaldi Sunday, March 21. Woods touched on his treatment, the love he has for his wife and getting back into golf at the 2010 Masters tournament in Augusta, GA on April 8.
Highlights of the interview include:
- "I've done some pretty bad things in my life and it all came to a head. But after treatment .... I'm getting back to my old roots."
- "I owed a lot of people an apology ... my friends, my colleagues, my wife, the public, kids who looked up to me."
- "I made my mistakes ... I've hurt so many people ... I've made amends to so many people."
- "I saw a person that I never thought I would ever become ... I got away from my core values, my Buddhism. I got away from what my mom and dad had taught me ... I felt entitled and that was not how I raised."
- "I'm excited to get back and play ... I missed competing."
- "It would be nice to hear a couple claps here and there."
- "People I had to talk and face like my wife and my mom. I've hurt them the most. Those are the two people in my life that I'm the closest to and to say the things that I have done truthfully to them ... was very painful."
Rinaldi does ask Woods why even get married in the first place and Woods says, "Because I loved her. I loved Elin with everything I had. That's something that makes me feel even worse, that I did something to someone I love so much ... We work at it."
Overall, Woods seemed remorseful and regretful but one has to wonder how much of it is show because his image needs so much rehabbing in the public eye.
Follow Zap2it on Twitter and Facebook and Zap2it Andrea on Twitter for the latest TV, movie and celebrity news.
More Tiger dish:
Joslyn James reveals Tiger's sexts
Tiger Woods hires Ari Fleischer for imminent return to golf
Tiger Woods: New records show he took Vicodin before SUV crash
Tiger's apology: Worth all the fuss?
Zap2it Elite Sheet Must Reads from the Web's In-Crowd