'WWE RAW' Feb. 10 recap: John Cena vs. Randy Orton, no Daniel Bryan match
Previously on: Daniel Bryan beat Randy Orton and the crowd wanted CM Punk. Unfortunately for them, he walked out and John Cena was sidelined with an injury.
The big news: Cena was back and his eye was healed, so he'll be good to go for "Elimination Chamber." He fought Orton in the main event of "WWE RAW."
The two had a great match, which included a DDT from the top rope and an attempted punt by Orton. After trading finishers, it was Cena who got the win with a top rope leg drop and an Attitude Adjustment. Cena is in an interesting spot as "Wrestlemania XXX" gets closer. He's presumably not going to be in the title picture and was rumored at one point to be facing Bray Wyatt. The Wyatt Family is tied to The Shield at the moment though, so who knows where he'll end up.
The show kicked off with Bryan demanding a match against Kane. Instead, The Authority gave him the night off and suspended Kane for a week. Evidently being suspended doesn't mean you aren't alowed to cut a promo, which Kane did. That gave Bryan the chance to run in and attack. The two brawled around the ring a bit, but "RAW" without Daniel Bryan in a match is not a wonderful thing.
In fact, at the start of the show, when Triple H told Bryan he wouldn't be wrestling, the crowd clearly chanted "No" as loudly as possible. "Can't you hear them?" Bryan asked. "They want to see me wrestle." It just wasn't meant to be this week.
Batista attacked Alberto Del Rio after a match and powerbombed him through the announce table, getting booed the entire time. There were still quite a few CM Punk chants throughout the night, and no acknowledgment from WWE.
Odds and ends:
- Betty White was the guest star and brought "Off Their Rockers" clips, because WWE really knows their audience.
- Triple H told Batista WWE is publicly traded now. Did he forget it was the last time Batista was around too?
- Lita is the latest addition to the WWE Hall of Fame. If Trish Stratus doesn't induct her, it's a bad decision.
- The New Age Outlaws tried to drug Betty White's tea as a prank. She switched the cups though, and Billy Gunn got sick at ringside.
- The Wyatt Family beat Rey Mysterio, Cody Rhodes and Goldust
- Fandango beat Santino Marella
- Christian and Shemus beat The Real Americans
- Alberto Del Rio beat Dolph Ziggler
- The Usos beat Ryback and Curtis Axel
- Mark Henry beat Dean Ambrose by disqualification
- The Bella Twins and Cameron beat Aksana, A.J. Lee and Alicia Fox
- John Cena beat Randy Orton
Photo/Video credit: WWE
Zap2it Elite Sheet Must Reads from the Web's In-Crowd