'The Crazy Ones': 10 funniest lines from the TCA press tour panel
When one of the actors on your show is the legendary Robin Williams, you have to give him free reign to do what he does best: improv. The comic was out in full force on Monday (July 29) at the CBS TCA press tour panel for his new comedy, "The Crazy Ones."
The new half-hour comedy, premiering this fall, revolves around a renowned advertising genius (Williams) whose unorthodox methods would get him fired -- if he weren't the boss. He heads a powerful agency with the biggest clients and brands in the world. The office is staffed with an eclectic group intent on keeping his antics in check, including his daughter (Sarah Michelle Gellar), who often questions her father's sanity while trying to make a name for herself in the advertising world.
While the TCA panel didn't delve deep into the content of the show, the room of press was treated to a half-hour filled with zingers and jokes from Williams ... as well as his costars Gellar and James Wolk and executive producers David E. Kelley and Jason Winer. Here are the 10 funniest lines from the panel:
10. "I only do ad agencies now," Wolk said of his roles on "Mad Men" and "The Crazy Ones."
9. "I mean, he's kind of funny," Gellar jokes about Williams' ad lib skills. "Stuff happens."
8. "We'd like to thank everyone for coming here today to donate money to Edward Snowden," Williams said in a funny voice at the start of the panel.
7. "Now that I have a moral GPS on my phone, it helps me. 'The girl you're texting is the same age as your daughter, reroute,'" Williams said.
6. Williams' idea for a new show: "I have an idea for a vampire rehab called 'Dark Meadows,' type AA AA."
5. "Yes, ma'am. Some that I know of," Williams' response to if he has kids.
4. "If you look under your chair, there's a Happy Meal," Williams joked about the large presence of McDonald's in the first episode.
3. "A lot of stalking on my part. I stalked Robin through his best man at his wedding," Gellar said on how she landed the part.
2. "The last time I was on TV, 'wired' meant a gram and a bottle of Jack Daniels," Williams said.
1. "Digital Attention Deficit Disorder, or DADD," Williams joked.
"The Crazy Ones" premieres Thursday, Sept. 26, at 9 p.m. ET on CBS.
8:00 8:30 9:00 9:30 10:00 10:30ABC Dancing With the Stars (Sep. 16) Castle (Sep. 23)CBS How I Met Your Mother (Sep. 23) We Are Men (Sep. 30) 2 Broke Girls (Sep. 23) Mom (Sep. 23) Hostages (Sep. 23)NBC The Voice (Sep. 23) The Blacklist (Sep. 23)FOX Bones (Sep. 16) Sleepy Hollow (Sep. 16) Local ProgrammingCW Hart of Dixie (Oct. 7) Beauty and the Beast (Oct. 7) Local Programming
8:00 8:30 9:00 9:30 10:00 10:30ABC Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Sep. 24) The Goldbergs (Sep. 24) Trophy Wife (Sep. 24) Lucky 7 (Sep. 24)CBS NCIS (Sep. 24) NCIS: Los Angeles (Sep. 24) Person of Interest (Sep. 24)NBC The Biggest Loser (Oct. 8) The Voice (Sep. 24) Chicago Fire (Sep. 24)FOX Dads (Sep. 17) Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Sep. 17) New Girl (Sep. 17) The Mindy Project (Sep. 17) Local ProgrammingCW The Orginals (Oct. 3) Supernatural (Oct. 8) Local Programming
8:00 8:30 9:00 9:30 10:00 10:30ABC The Middle (Sep. 17) Back in the Game (Sep. 25) Modern Family (Sep. 25) Super Fun Night (Oct. 2) Nashville (Sep. 25)CBS Survivor (Sep. 18) Criminal Minds (Sep. 25) CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (Sep. 25)NBC Revolution (Sep. 25) Law & Order: SVU (Sep. 25) Ironside (Oct. 2)FOX The X Factor performance show (Sep. 11) Local ProgrammingCW Arrow (Oct. 9) The Tomorrow People (Oct. 9) Local Programming
8:00 8:30 9:00 9:30 10:00 10:30ABC Once Upon a Time in Wonderland (Oct. 10) Grey's Anatomy (Sep. 26) Scandal (Oct. 3)CBS Big Bang Theory (Sep. 26) The Millers (Sep. 26) The Crazy Ones (Sep. 26) Two and Half Men (Sep. 26) Elementary (Sep. 26)NBC Parks and Recreation (Sep. 26) Welcome to the Family (Oct. 3) Sean Saves the World (Oct. 3) The Michael J. Fox Show (Sep. 26) Parenthood (Sep. 26)FOX The X Factor results show (Sep. 12) Glee (Sep. 26) Local ProgrammingCW The Vampire Diaries (Oct. 3) Reign (Oct. 17) Local Programming
8:00 8:30 9:00 9:30 10:00 10:30ABC Last Man Standing (Sep. 20) The Neighbors (Sep. 20) Shark Tank (Sep. 20) 20/20 (Sep. 6)CBS Undercover Boss (Sep. 27) Hawaii Five-0 (Sep. 27) Blue Bloods (Sep. 27)NBC Dateline NBC (Sep. 27)) Grimm (Oct. 25) Dracula (Oct. 25)FOX Junior MasterChef (Sep. 27) Sleepy Hollow encores Local ProgrammingCW The Carrie Diaries (Oct. 25) America's Next Top Model (Aug. 2) Local Programming
8:00 8:30 9:00 9:30 10:00 10:30ABC Saturday Night College FootballCBS Comedytime Sat. Crimetime Sat. 48 Hours: Mystery (Sep. 28)NBC Encore ProgrammingFOX FOX Sports Saturday LocalCW Local Programming
7:00 7:30 8:00 8:30 9:00 9:30 10:00 10:30ABC America's Funniest Home Videos (Oct. 6) Once Upon a Time (Sep. 29) Revenge (Sep. 29) Betrayal (Sep. 29)CBS 60 Minutes (Sep. 29) The Amazing Race (Sep. 29) The Good Wife (Sep. 29) The Mentalist (Sep. 29)NBC Football Night in America Sunday Night FootballFOX NFL Game The OT (NFL post-game) The Simpsons (Sep. 29) Bob's Burgers (Sep. 29) Family Guy (Sep. 29) American Dad (Sep. 29) Local ProgrammingCW Local Programming
|Legend:||New Show||New Time||Returning|