Pilot castings: Seth Gabel, Sam Neill, Emmanuelle Chriqui, James Cromwell, Jessica Szohr and more
Today's biggest pilot castings include new roles for alumni from "Fringe," "Desperate Housewives" and "Gossip Girl," plus Sam Neill, Beau Bridges, Kyle MacLachlan and more:
- Sam Neill ("Alcatraz") and Emmanuelle Chriqui ("Entourage") have joined CBS' "The Ordained" opposite Charlie Cox priest-turned-lawyer
- Seth Gabel ("Fringe") will play Roderick Usher, a district attorney from a prominent family, in ABC's horror soap "Gothica"
- Ricardo Chavira ("Desperate Housewives") has landed the role of a divorced Latino father who clashes with the white parents (Mike O'Malley, Mary McCormack) of his son's pregnant girlfriend in NBC's "Welcome to the Family"
- James Cromwell ("American Horror Story: Asylum") will head up a powerful, and possibly criminal, Chicago family in ABC's "Betrayal"
- Beau Bridges ("Stargate: SG-1") will play Will Arnett's father and Margo Martindale's estranged husband in the untitled Greg Garcia comedy at CBS
- Jessica Szohr ("Gossip Girl") has booked the female lead as a FBI agent in FOX's "The List" opposite Michael Pena as a quirky Deputy U.S. Marshal
- Kyle MacLachlan ("Twin Peaks" and recently "The Good Wife") is set as a mysterious billionaire in NBC's "Believe" from J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot
- Dean Winters ("30 Rock") has joined NBC's soap "Westside" (formerly "Venice") as the brother-in-law of Jennifer Beals
- Mackenzie Crook (the original "The Office") will play a robot designer in FOX's untitled sci-fi buddy cop pilot also from Bad Robot
- Kim Wayans ("In Living Color") has booked a role as a paralegal in CBS' romantic legal thriller "Reckless"
- Elizabeth Pena (Gloria's mother on "Modern Family") will play John Leguizamo's mother in the actor's untitled semi-autobiographical comedy pilot at ABC
- Camille Guaty ("The Vampire Diaries") has been cast as an aspiring CIA agent opposite Rob Corddry in ABC's comedy "Spy"
Photo/Video credit: Getty Images
Zap2it Elite Sheet Must Reads from the Web's In-Crowd