Pilot casting watch: Rachel Griffiths, Jamie Bell, Janet Montgomery, Christine Lahti, Greg Grunberg and more
Pilot casting season is in full swing and big names announced today include Oscar nominee Rachel Griffiths, Jamie Bell, Emmy winner Christine Lahti, "Heroes" star Greg Grunberg and "Made in Jersey" star Janet Montgomery:
- Rachel Griffiths ("Six Feet Under") will star in NBC's summer series "Camp" -- the one-hour summer camp-set dramedy has a 10 episode commitment.
- Jamie Bell ("Billy Elliot") has landed the lead in his first TV series: AMC's 1778-set drama pilot "Turn," based on Alexander Rose's book "Washington's Spies."
- Janet Montgomery ("Made in Jersey") is set for the female lead in ABC's "Gothica," a contemporary twist on horror mythology that sees journalist Grace Van Helsing (Montgomery) interacting with characters including Dorian Gray and Victor Frankenstein (Tom Ellis).
- Christine Lahti ("Chicago Hope") will play the Beverly Hills Police Department Captain in CBS' continuation of film franchise "Beverly Hills Cop," starring Brandon T. Jackson as Axel Foley's son.
- Daren Kagasoff ("The Secret Life of the American Teenager") will be Emma Roberts' leading man in FOX's "Delirium," based on the young adult trilogy by Lauren Oliver.
- Greg Grunberg ("Heroes") is joining ABC legal drama "Doubt" (from "House" producer David Shore) as the older brother of the show's main character, a yet-to-be-cast street smart lawyer.
- Brent Sexton ("The Killing") has landed a juicy role in NBC's reboot of classic detective drama "Ironside" starring Blair Underwood: He'll play Ironside's ex-partner.
- Jane Seymour ("Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman") and Majandra Delfino ("Roswell") will play mother and daughter in ABC's comedy "Keep Calm and Carry On" about a very dysfunctional family of criminals, addicts and narcissists.
- Kelli Garner ("Pan Am") booked the female lead in FOX's single camera relationship comedy "Two Wrongs," the male lead is not yet cast.
- Grey Damon ("Friday Night Lights") will join Aimee Teegarden and Malese Jow in the CW's "Oxygen" about a teen girl who falls in love with an alien.
- Patrick Flueger ("The 4400") has joined NBC's modern-day "Hatfields and McCoys" as the youngest son of the McCoy matriarch played by Virginia Madsen.
- Chris Masterson ("Malcolm in the Middle") will play a rookie reporter opposite Jeffrey Tambor in Amazon's "The Onion Presents: The News."
- In another sign of "Rules of Engagement's" uncertain future at CBS, co-star Adhir Kalyan has booked a lead in NBC's untitled Robert Padnick/Greg Daniels comedy about the dating lives of a group of twentysomethings.
Photo/Video credit: Getty Images
Zap2it Elite Sheet Must Reads from the Web's In-Crowd